The Suffolk Library Marketing Award recognizes the Best Public Relations
Marketing Campaign by a Public or Academic Library in Suffolk County, a
commission of the Public Relations and Marketing Committee of the Reference
and Adult Services Division of the Suffolk County Library Association,
a Regional Chapter of the New York Library Association.
What is a Marketing Campaign?
A library marketing campaign consists of specific activities designed to increase awareness of a particular product or service, or to increase consumer awareness of the library. It is a coordinated series of steps that can include promotion of a product through various mediums such as television, radio, print, online, social media, etc., using a variety of different types of publicity. It has a limited duration.
Who is Eligible?
Any department of a public or academic library in Suffolk County may submit an application with details about a library marketing campaign that occurred entirely between September 16, 2018 and September 15, 2019.
How is an Entry Submitted?
- The deadline to submit an application for the 2019 SLMA is September 15, 2019.
- Completed applications and supporting documentation must be emailed to email@example.com.
- Include the name of your library in the subject line of each e-mail that you send.
- Only two entries per library may be submitted.
- Incomplete or late entries will be disqualified.